Sunday 23 September 2012

Blog 15! 20th Century Boy!

Hi there,

I hope you have all had a great week and an even better weekend. I cant believe its Sunday evening already and it's back to work tomorrow. I actually vote that we have Mon-Fri off and then work Sat and Sun - who's with me?

So, what have I been up to this week? Actually... not a lot really!

It's been really nice to actually have a quiet social week which has allowed me to concentrate on a busy week at work.

It's also given me a chance to catch up on loads of TV that I have recorded and haven't had the chance to watch too. One of the programmes is 'Mrs. Biggs' - have you been watching it? It follows the life of Charmian Biggs, who was the wife of Ronnie Biggs, during the great train robbery. It follows her life and tells the heartache of discovering that her husband becomes one of the most notorious criminals in history. Sheridan Smith takes the title role which is also another big plus point to watching it. It's on Wednesday evenings (but does clash with Dallas!!) and is number 4 of 5 this week! Definitely worth a watch!
This weekend, I have been back in Coventry and as I mentioned in my last blog, I went to see 20th Century Boy at the Belgrade Theatre which is a new musical based on the life of Marc Bolan. It was absolutely fantastic!! It was great to see the whole of the audience up on their feet during the closing few songs of the performance. After the show, it was full on party times to celebrate the 5th anniversary of the regeneration of the theatre. The whole cast came out and joined us for a few drinks after and a good boogie... and we partied until 4am! Good night all round!

The remainder of the weekend, I have been catching up with friends and catching up on all of the gossip that's happened. It's also made me realise just how much i miss living in Coventry - I need to sort that out asap!

Some of you may know, that I have started writing a screenplay. When my grandad was younger, he wrote a novel, that he struggled to get published back then. It was based around his harsh life as an Irish boy and the difficulties of being split from his siblings as he went off to the Christian Brothers and the Nuns Covent. It follows his life right through until meeting my Nan and my father being born. It's a really strong story that I'm sure a lot of people can relate to. So, I've decided to have a go at basing the screenplay around the story. I've made a good start on it already and I'll post a snippet from it in my next blog!

Right, that's about it for this week. Next week, I'm off to an Olympic Reunion meal (Drums optional) and going to see GHOST The Musical for the fourth and last (it closes in two weeks) time. More on those next week though.

Have a great week, be adventurous and do try something new!

Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment