Sunday 16 September 2012

Blog 14! Freebies, Racing Pigs and Athlete Gold!

Hello there,

I hope you have all had a nice weekend. I hate this time of the weekend...I just have the thought of getting up for work in my head... constantly!! It's not good. When is it my turn to win the lottery?

So, what have I been up to over the past week? Or more like what havent I been up to. It was another manic week for me... as per usual! I just dont know where I find the time to fit everything in... anyway, I suppose I wouldnt have it any other way.

Last Thursday I went to the 'Fashion Night Out' with friends, which is basically where all the shops (mainly the posh ones that no-one can ever afford to buy anything from), open their doors late and invite people in for free drinks and a browse of their products. Now, I'm not into fashion that much, so I merely went along for the free drinks and goodie bags - It'd be rude not to right?! I actually still really enjoyed it and it was great to have a nice free night out, whilst mingling with all of the fashion celebs. I didnt actually have a clue who any of them were... but of course I pretended that I did. I was also slightly dissapointed by the lack of goodie bags that were available. I managed to get a free Superdry keyring and a bottle of Shloer (Who even drinks Shloer?).

Here are a few pictures from the night...




As you will have seen (or you may not have), that I was lucky enough to attend the Team GB Athletes Parade at the beginning of the week. As I was a volunteer in the Ceremonies, we were able to be put into a ballot to recieve one ticket to stand in the VIP section on The Mall. They had 900 tickets available against 10,000 volunteers... the odds of me actually getting one was pretty slim. WELL... I got a ticket!!



The atmostphere on the day was absolutely fantastic. There was a lot of waiting around as the parade started in East London and made it way to The Mall. It was totally worth it though and as you can see from Tom Daley in this picture, the athletes were really soaking up the atmosphered and were wearing their medals with real pride. Speaking of Daley, I've just heard that his Official 2013 calender is available to pre-order now... Definitely having one of those.

The parade also marked the final 'duty' for the 2012 Olympic games - Sad times!

I've had a nice chilled weekend this week, especially today where I ventured out of bed this morning to go for breakfast with friends, before getting back into bed until 5pm!!! Lazy, I know!

Yesterday, I went to the Lambeth Country Festival. It was better than it sounds... trust me! Think: Food Stalls, Fairground, Beer Tents, Racing Pigs, Unsigned Bands... and you're very nearly there. It was just really nice to lie on the grass whilst sipping some cold(ish) beer and enjoying some rice and pea (Carribean style).

I have a relatively quiet week planned this week (phew!), but that is of course, bound to change. I'm also looking forward to heading back to Coventry for the weekend and especially going to see "20th Century Boy" at the Belgrade Theatre (where I used to work). It will also be a great chance to catch up with old work friends and enjoy a drunken night out. Perfect!

Have a great week, try new things and have a good time.

I'll leave you with one final picture... my new bedroom 'Official 2012' door sign.


Speak soon,
Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment