Friday 2 November 2012

Blog 20! Working 9 to 5, Monday MAYnia and Halloween Horror!

Hey there,
Happy Friday!

It's been about two weeks since I last posted a blog as I've been so busy and constantly fighting this damn cold that everyone seems to be getting. I'm pleased to say that I think I am just about over it now and looking forward to a weekend where I'm not sneezing, coughing or nursing a headache!!

Let's start with last Wednesday, when I went to see '9 to 5 The Musical' at the New Wimbledon Theatre in Wimbledon. My friend Nickie's friend is working on the touring production and as Wimbledon isn't far from where we live, he stayed at ours for a few nights whilst the show was in town. As a thank you, he got us two free tickets to see the show.


You've probably gathered from the name, that it is a musical based on the 1980 American comedy film starring Dolly Parton. The musical centres on three office workers who turn the tables on their sexist, egotistical, lying, hypocritical bigot of a boss. They conspire to take control of the company and learn there’s nothing they can’t do - even in a man’s world.

With a superb cast including the fantastic Bonnie Langford (who absolutely stole the show), Natalie Casey and Amy Lennox (who appeared recently in Soho Cinders), '9 to 5 The Musical' is a fresh, new show which had every single member of the audience up on their feet during a performance by Dolly herself.

Jackie Clunes, Amy Lennox and Natalie Casey

You can find out more about the show and where its heading by clicking here.

Last Friday, I went for a few drinks with a work friend, Beth, straight from work. We had made a pact that we would literally just go out for a few drinks in Soho. Well, i think deep down, that we knew that wouldn't happen. We found that Bar Soho were doing a really good happy hour offer - £8 for a bottle of wine! Well, we demolished three bottles of wine within the space of an hour and half, which led to me being very sick in the middle of Soho, paying £35 for a taxi home and generally suffering all week from the after effects! It's even gone so far as to put me off alcohol, well just wine maybe, as lets not lie, we all know I enjoy my alcohol. I've agreed with my body that I wouldn't put him through that again - yeah right!!

This Monday saw me join around 1000 screaming girls (and mums) at Conor Maynards tour at the Shepherds Bush Empire. I must admit that I wasn't that much of a fan before going to the gig, but I've definitely come away as very much a fan!! He was amazing!! I think I must have been one of the very few guys there, apart from boyfriends and dads that had been tagged along. We were up in the rafters but we still had a good view. I managed to record a bit of his encore song... below. Enjoy the screaming.


Finally, it was obviously Halloween on Wednesday and we had a work night out. We were invited to a studio in Soho who were having a bit of a party, but fancy dress wasn't compulsory. Perfect. There was plenty of FREE alcohol, a magician (that was absolutely amazing and totally amazed me with the trick he done on me), and even a make up artist that was doing some freaky Halloween cuts and scars.



It's fair to say that I got a lot of strange and sympathetic looks when I got the tube home that night... i think people actually thought I'd been in some tragic accident!

Next week is just as busy including a weekend back home, 'The Twang' gig, a visit to the ITV studios and a visit from a special friend. Exciting!

Have a great weekend, enjoy and be safe.

Craig




No comments:

Post a Comment