Saturday 14 July 2012

Blog 6! Standby for a full run!

Hey there,

Sorry, I haven't blogged sooner, I've had an absolute manic week full of work and rehearsals. So, I'm giving up my Saturday evening to post to let you know about the week I've had. Phew!

Last weekend, I went home to Coventry to catch up with friends and family, and it was also one of my best friends birthday night out. It was nice knowing that I could escape the big smoke for a few days and get refreshed ready for a busy few weeks and the countdown to 'Show Day'!

The night out for my friends birthday was on the Saturday and we had a little trip up the M6 to Birmingham. I'm not normally a massive fan of going out in Brum, but I had a really good time. We checked in to the hotel and got straight on it - it'd be rude not to! It was great to spend time with my four closest friends (they are the ones that are in the cover photo above). We always have such a laugh and wake up the next day with smiles on our faces. I'm pretty sure we did our best friend duties and made McCabeee (nickname - her real name is Charlotte) have a fantastic birthday!

Why is it, that the week always drags, and the weekend always flies by? Monday morning came - back to LDN i went!

It seems that this week, we have had the most rain EVER! I think it might be down to the fact that I have been stood out in for what seems like an eternity.

Tuesday's rehearsal was a total washout. As mentioned before, I have two different roles in the Opening Ceremony - one involves mostly being under cover, and the other is on the 'Field of Play' for the whole time. Guess which one we were rehearsing during Tuesday's Tsunami (slight exaggeration there)?

Although we were getting absolutely drenched (I had four layers on, including two waterproof, and i was still soaked right through), it was very much 'on with the show'. It was great to see that everyone was still giving it their all. I'm kind of thinking that the way the weather is going, it might be raining on the actual night. Gulp!

Thursday's rehearsal was also really wet, but at least we were rehearsing the section that involves being under cover for the majority of the time. I actually prefer the section where I am in the middle of the stadium more, so it was just typical that I couldn't enjoy it as much on Tuesday.
At the end of the rehearsal on Thursday, we had a right treat where we got to see something spectacular that involved the Olympic rings - that's all I'm going to say. It really gave me goosebumps and my jaw was touching the ground when i seen it!!

I'm so glad its the weekend. Hope you are all enjoying yours. Guess what I'm doing....?!

Today's rehearsal was the longest rehearsal we have actually had - 9 hours!! The work has begun 'teching' our section and making sure that everyone is in time, the audio is the right level, the lights are in the right place... can you believe that there is a 1 million watt sound system? Try standing right underneath a speaker! Today was also the day that some of the animals became our new best friends - literally.

It really is coming along, and i know i keep saying this, but it's going to quite spectacular. We really are giving Beijing a run for their money.

That's all for this week, but I'll leave you with a few pictures, as always! I'm off to bed now - need to get nice and refreshed for another busy day of rehearsals.

Have a great week and thanks for reading.

Craig


McCabeee's Birthday


Official Performer T-Shirt


1 comment:

  1. Ash bless you all. Hope you didn't get thrown out of the hotel

    ReplyDelete